Visit MikeAfford.com for Broadcast Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, VR Studios, Weather Icons. >>

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

'Dead Set' (E4). Big Brother. Zombies. Do you see what they did there?

Wasn't it ever so clever? That whole Big Brother scenario?? Ooooh look - aren't the viewers just like a load of zombies? Oooo - the contestants are just fodder to satisfy the cravings of a reality-hungry audience? Ooooh look - it works on so many levels.

Well, not for me it didn't. That one level was worked on so heavy-handedly there wasn't much room for anything else. So when we finally get to the (sigh) inevitable shots of zombies staring at TVs and zombies staring back, I'm thinking 'Enough already! I got the idea f---ing days ago!!'. I knew I should have waited for the omnibus edition. Then it might have all seemed a bit snappier.

Now don't get me wrong...

I do think that Charlie Brooker is a proper talent (I've often sat zombie-like myself in front of 'Screenwipe' well into the early hours). And of course, Davina 'zomb-ed' up a treat. It's just that maybe from Charlie Brooker I was expecting something... I don't know... more cleverer.

Still, fair play for sticking the credits on a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment